Why Black women?
Less than 3% of venture capital funds go toward women, and only 0.3% of that goes to Black women. Pepper created the Startup Grant in 2020 to help close the gap in economic opportunities for women of color founders — specifically Black women.
Pepper’s Startup Grant Program
One recipient will receive a no strings attached $5k financial grant and the following benefits:
● Mentorship calls with the Pepper founders
● Dedicated promotion on Pepper’s social media
● Access to consultations with experts in legal, fundraising, finance, marketing, and more to address your specific needs
● Have a business in any industry
● At least 50% of the business must be owned, controlled, or operated and managed by Black, or African-American, female or non-binary identifying owner(s) ● At least 18 years old
● U.S. resident, and your business must have a U.S. legal entity
● Early stage business with less than $500K in external equity funding raised Additional Information
Applications are open from July 25 - August 26
Pepper will announce five semi-finalists by October 7
For more information, visit wearpepper.com/pages/grant